- October 23, 2018 - November 15, 2018
2:00 pm - 12:00 am
Hamburger Community of Art
Imagine a community that offers free studio spaces, collaborations with different artists, exhibitions, workshops, lectures, personal development and community building, development of your work, expansion of your network, growing interaction with the audience, artistic guidance, a monthly fee, hamburgers and last but not least a salad of fun!
Is it you we’re looking for?
With the HCA, Roodkapje provides a yearlong program for emerging artists/ artist collectives (residents) including events, training and workshops open to a variety of audience.
With the HCA, we aim to equip our residents as well as the audience with skills to be resourceful and self-sufficient in assembling diverse voices. The HCA is based on the principles of experimentation, collaboration and developing new artistic practices. The HCA will develop, produce and host cultural events, social activities and projects open to all audiences (the public).
The essential questions we need to ask ourselves: What can artists learn from each other? How can young artists stimulate their development collectively? What can society learn from artists and vice versa?
What do we offer? (1 year)
exhibitions, personal development, artistic elaboration (growth), expansion of networks, new concept and mediums to work with, working with a variety of artists
exhibitions, (free) studio spaces, collaborations, co-productions, presentations, workshops, lectures, network, audience,
monthly fee, shared studio space Development: courses and classes from (inter)national and local artists
Who do we work with?
A team of dedicated souls willing to help, question & guide you.
Nada van Dalen, Rory Pilgrim & JODI more TBA.
Open School East (UK), Jonas Ohlsson, Marieke van der Weiden and many more.
What do we want from you?
– A background, of at least two years, as a practicing artist. – Affinity with HCA’s profiled aspects of contemporary culture: Collectivity, Digital Culture and Performance.
– A vision that develops the sense of audience involvement in your work process or the willingness to develop this vision.
– Able to approach one or more of the above-mentioned aspects in your work.
– You are dedicated and willing to learn from your peers.
– A Rotterdam resident or willing to travel to Rotterdam.
– Available at least two days a week to work in our shared studio.